Are you a Volunteer Involving Organisation? We can help you!
It’s been a very busy year with many changes around how we deliver our core volunteering services with the key one being the change from a central drop service in at Number Ten to a programme of outreach sessions in the 8 wards across Dundee. We also had a change to our Chief Executive after Kirsty Keay moved on to a new post after 2 and half years with us and we welcomed Eric Knox as Chief Executive in May of this year.
What do we do?
We exist to involve more people more effectively in volunteering. We know the many benefits that volunteering brings to the individual, communities and the beneficiaries of what they do. Overall, it helps to make Dundee a better place to live.
We support organisations with the following services:
- Advertise volunteering opportunities via our website & social media and fortnightly Volunteering Newsletter for individuals that have signed up to find out more about volunteering.
- Promote volunteering opportunities through our outreach programme across the 8 ward areas in Dundee
- Develop volunteer management practice through Volunteer Friendly Award and learning & development sessions and 1-1 guidance and advice with any areas of volunteering.
- Facilitate a Volunteer Managers Forum to network and meet with others to share practice around support with issues affecting volunteer management.
- An online Volunteer Managers closed group for members to share information.
- Promote volunteering and opportunities available at events across the city with partner organisations
- Support organisations to deliver the Saltire Awards Scheme for young people aged 12-25 years to get recognition for their volunteering hours of 10,25,50,100,200 and 500 hours.
- Celebrate the difference volunteering makes with annual awards ceremonies; Volunteer Awards & Youth Volunteering Awards including Saltire Summit Awards.
- Give talks & presentations to groups interested in volunteering i.e Schools, employability services etc
The staff involved in providing this support are:
Wendy Taylor – Team Leader – Volunteering
Graeme Sim – Administration and Information Assistant
Amanda Leitch – Youth Volunteering Worker
Delia Abel – Saltire Awards Volunteer
To keep up to date with news, events and training opportunities from Volunteer Dundee then sign up to our organisation mailing list here (we will only send you information if you have opted into our mailing list): CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Get in touch
Telephone: 01382 305705
Article written by Wendy Taylor, Team Leader – Volunteering