Our Community Development and Engagement team are here to help you.
The team works across the city to enable individuals and groups to build capacity in a variety of ways that will impact on their health and well being.
We work with individuals to help them become more involved in their community.
- Matching them with a volunteer role that suits their needs
- Introducing them to their community council or other representative groups
- Providing links to social, physical or educational activities
- Supporting them to set up an interest based group
We use a person centered approach that enables the individual or group to make informed choices.
In addition, the team works together with other partners to support community led groups and organisations to:
- Review and improve their skills
- Conduct community consultations to ensure that what they offer is what people actually want
- Use innovative ways to attract new group members
- Connect with other groups with similar interests to share experience, information etc.
- Supported tenants from assisted housing to have taster sessions of boccia, carpet bowls, seated exercise, among others
- Worked with a local management committee to carry out a skills assessment and recruit new committee members
- Worked with partners to facilitate the Going for Gold Challenge which promotes physical activity in Dundee care homes
Our priority is to get more people more connected with their communities – reducing social isolation and improving health and well being for all.
Click here for our up to date Outreach Programme.
Who we are:
Thematic Area: Individual Capacity Building, Small Grant Fund and Volunteer Friendly
Ward Area: Broughty Ferry and Maryfield
Thematic Area: Individual Capacity Building and Organisational Development
Ward Area: Strathmartine and Coldside