Volunteer at Tayside Re-Users
Are you someone interested in helping local people, as well as the environment? Do you want to showcase or learn some practical skills?
Tayside Re-Users refurbishes and rehomes quality affordable furniture, white goods and household items for people in Tayside – particularly those in need. This benefits local communities, both socially and environmentally, and volunteers are at the heart of this! They have a range of different ‘hands-on’ roles for all different skillsets– check out the opportunities below!
- Electrician – Are you an electrician who can spare their skills to do some good? Tayside Re-Users is seeking an electrician to test and repair appliances before they are sold to the community! If you’re free any point from Monday – Friday, let us know!
- Paint Sprayer – Are you creative and hands-on? Someone who can work as part of a team? Volunteer as a Spray Painter at Tayside Re-Users! This opportunity can suit individuals anytime from Monday-Saturday. Don’t have much experience spray painting? They can provide basic training.
- Textile Assistant – Fancy some relaxed, independent volunteering? Tayside Re-users is looking for someone to sort out their textiles by preparing, ironing and pricing them for selling in their small shop!
- Upholsterer – Tayside Re-Users try their best to avoid ditching furniture, and they receive many items for recycling which require amendments before they are rehomed. If you have upholstery skills, Tayside Re-Users needs you! They have a dedicated area with a sewing machine etc, so if you are free Mon-Sat get in touch!
- Furniture Repairer/Joiner – Tayside Re-Users not only need upholsterers, but volunteers who can fix furniture! Furniture repairers play an important role in ensuring that a number of items that would otherwise be thrown away will instead be sent to the Emporium. If you have a background in furniture repair or joinery, this role is perfect for you! Or come and learn some new skills in sanding, painting and varnishing!
- Database Co-ordinator – Are you computer savvy and do you want to make a difference to communities? Tayside Re-users is looking for a dedicated team member to maintain databases which keep track of stock that moves through their premises as well as the savings, in weight and C02 of items of items being re-used rather than being thrown away. This opportunity can provide the chance to be part of a team, build IT skills, confidence, and develop awareness about environmental issues. In some cases, the opportunity can even be carried out at home!
- White Goods Assistant – Are you up for ‘hands-on’ volunteer work which gets you ‘out and about’? Tayside Re-users is interested in recruiting a volunteer who can give a helping hand in collecting items from their Hub, recycling centres, businesses and members of the public. The role also involves independent work; keeping a record of incoming goods, cleaning, repair and possible PAT test training. If you’re interested in a diverse role, which can help the community, this one’s for you!
- Retail Assistant – Tayside Re-Users is seeking a volunteer interested in working in retail for their all-important Tay Treasures shop! The role involves typical retail assistant responsibilities such as cleaning, tidying, organising and pricing stock, ensuring spaces are maximising their potential and serving customers. If you are a friendly individual interested in gaining some retail skills, get in touch!
- Bike Repairs – Do you have a good knowledge of and experience with bike repairs? Do you hate waste? Tayside Re-Users needs you to help repair donated bikes to give them a new lease of life! Let us know if this could be you!
- Van and Warehouse Assistant – Are you a friendly outgoing individual who enjoys physical tasks? Volunteering as a Van and Warehouse Assistant may be the role for you! This involves collecting items from Tayside Re-Users Hub, recycling centres, businesses and members of the public, preparing them in the warehouse and taking them back out for delivery.
These opportunities vary between Monday-Saturday mornings and afternoons, so have a look at the opportunities on our website, or get in touch to find a time which suits you!