Edinburgh Marathon Cheering Squad Volunteers
Teenage Cancer Trust make sure young people don’t face cancer alone. We do it by helping young people and their families deal with the many ways that cancer can affect your body, your mind and your life. We do it in partnership with the NHS and by bringing young people together so they can support each other. And we do it from the moment cancer is diagnosed until long after treatment is over…but we can’t do it alone, we need your help!
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival is a significant fundraising event for Teenage Cancer Trust. Together our runners are going to raise over £65 300 to support young people with cancer – so thank you for contributing towards this event! This is your chance to cheer on our amazing team of Teenage Cancer Trust runners at the wonderful Edinburgh Marathon! We’d love you to join our enthusiastic cheering squad to support and encourage our runners to keep putting one foot in front of the other! You will be playing a big part in making sure we can make our runners feel special and appreciated for the incredible challenge they’re undertaking.
Time Commitment: Shift 1: 8.30am-12pm Shift 2: 12pm-3pm
Event Date: Sunday 27 May 2018
Location: Edinburgh City, at side-line of Edinburgh Marathon course, Musselburgh
Responsible to: Regional Fundraising Team
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your t-shirt size and availability or call 020 7612 0370 if you have any further questions about the role.
What will I do?
• Cheer, support and motivate Teenage Cancer Trust runners at various points along the route with the other members of the cheer squad
• Engage the public with the work of Teenage Cancer Trust
• Be a friendly and approachable face of the charity
• Help Teenage Cancer Trust to reach more young people with cancer
What will I gain?
• Support from a dedicated member of staff in your role
• Enjoy soaking up the atmosphere and the views at an amazing event
• Being part of a team of enthusiastic volunteers
• Flags, bang-bang sticks, a t-shirt and other materials are provided to help you make a real impact
• Reasonable expenses will be covered
What skills do I need?
• Interpersonal skills
• Reliability & punctuality
• Team player