Online Safety Workshop – Free Training for Groups
Safety Net: online safety workshop
FREE training for groups
What can I expect from the training?
Safety Net is an interactive session that goes beyond the usual ‘how to be safe online’ and offers a hands on session – you can bring your phone/laptop/tablet if you wish. Fatima and Vaqar from Dundee International Women’s Centre will help you look at:
• how to keep you/your family/your community group safe online
• why some people are more vulnerable online
• how online predators search for those to be ‘groomed’
• what is radicalisation – why are some people vulnerable to radicalisation?
Fatima and Vaqar have facilitated ‘Safety Net’ across Scotland and are skilled at working with adults and young people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and religions to explore the common themes of social media usage and online vulnerability.
2 hour workshop combining presentations, short videos and group activities plus lots of opportunities for open and interesting discussions. Talk to us about what your group needs beforehand.
Aims of the training
• To examine difference between unacceptable/acceptable social media usage.
• To help professionals and community members become aware of what dangers are online and how this can affect an individual’s life.
• To help professionals understand and feel confident to be able to deal with issues relating to extremism and online grooming and how to access and provide support to anyone who is in harm.
• Recent feedback: “The session was very useful and informative, it’s good to discuss situations and examples of online bullying and grooming”.
• “Excellent informal session – really thought provoking”.
• “Very informative and well-presented. Good discussions and interactions”.
INFORMATION & HOW TO BOOK
We can accommodate groups of up to 20 adults. The session requires internet access plus projector and/or Smartboard. DURATION: 2 hours. COST: FREE. Training can take place at your organisation or Dundee International Women’s Centre.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact Vaqar Salimi for more information or to arrange a session.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01382 462 058