Discovery Credit Union seeks Board Members
Help Shape the Future of Our Credit Union
Discovery Credit Union is a not for profit, financial co-operative, owned and run by our members. We seek to promote the savings habit and offer ethical options to those in work and on benefits who need extra help with accessing financial services and loans.
DCU is looking to increase representation on our Board from Dundee and Angus, with skills and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Community Work or charity work including social enterprises
- Human Resources (volunteering, equality and managing diversity)
- Strategic Planning, (economic and financial analysis, financial management and income generation, risk management and evaluation,)
- Marketing (networking and public relations)
- Financial Services experience or working knowledge.
Our Board Meetings take place on the third Thursday of each month at 5.30pm in Dundee. Board meetings generally last 2.5 hours and you can join in other activities. DCU is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. We expect Board members to complete some online training by the end of their first year and to attend the Annual Strategy Day as part of their commitment.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st March 2020 at 3pm.
You must become a member to join our Board. The link to join is https://www.discoverycu.co.uk/Membership