Covid 19 Mass Vaccination Programme – Volunteer Recruitment
After receiving a huge response from volunteers in Dundee, we are now asking those interested in volunteering with the Mass Roll Out of Vaccinations in Dundee to register with Get Local Support. The mass vaccinations will take place in a city centre location and operate each day Monday to Sunday.
We are so grateful to our volunteers who will be supporting the effort, a maximum of 4 hours per shift and one shift per week. (There is a 7-day period between shifts to protect our volunteers as much as possible).
Are you able to help?
We are looking for volunteers to:
· Help meet and greet people coming for their vaccination.
· To ensure people have had the ‘invitation to attend’ letter
· To guide and direct people to the required place once inside the venue
· To be the ‘friendly face’ of the vaccination process and help keep people calm in a potentially tense and anxiety inducing environment.
· Be prepared to work in well-ventilated venue (in other words, come dressed in warm clothes!)
· Sign up, where possible for a regular shift, once every 7 days (7 days between shifts is a precaution to keep you as safe as possible)
· Complete a ‘self-assessment’ Covid free statement and submit 48 hours before each shift.
· Be honest and let us know as soon as possible if you develop any Coid19 symptoms
For the Volunteers:
· We will pay travel expenses to and from your home to the venue
· We will supply ID badges and Lanyards (to be worn at all times)
· We will have a small ‘refreshment budget’ to allow volunteers to purchase one hot drink whilst on duty.
· There will be a named person, acting as Volunteer co-ordinator on each shift, and you will be notified of who this person is beforehand
· We will supply Hi-Vis outerwear and all sanitising materials (hand gel/sanitising wipes and spray etc)
We will need you to adhere to Covid19 safety guidelines.
If you would like to help with the future Mass Vaccination Programme please register your interest with Get Local Support.
We will continue to communicate through Get Local Support when more Mass Vaccination Volunteers are needed.
If you have any questions, please call 01382 305705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org